Thursday, 19 September 2013

Developing Initial Ideas with Experimentation



















 In order to understand if our initial ideas could potentially be successful I created a series of experimentations. 
I feel this experimentation above was successful in gaining a basic understanding for the outcome of effects on an applied space. my issue is the use of imagery not being advanced enough when my research should be video. therefore I will continue my research in a video format.


Ink- My ink testing was the most successful. To then develop this study further I manipulated the video and effects to gain an even better understanding. As I was very happy with the success of the effect, I also used a HDMI cable to review how it would look on TV in a music video. The image below shows its appearance.















Flash- My research into flash also acknowledges the use of lighting. My experimentation consist of a dark room with flashing lights consistantly projecting. I then filmed the surroundings and how they were effected and altered with the use of flash.







  Smoke- The series of images shown, present my basic experimentation with smoke. I found this to be a process of trial and error in order to then further develop in video format what was successful. I feel it is crucial to experiment with video in order to gain a true understanding of what is and isn't successful.









No comments:

Post a Comment