Friday, 3 January 2014

Experimenting with the Final Actors

As our main constructive criticism was the uncertainty of the final actors and also the age of our potential actors suiting the age of the voice.  Therefore we chose our final actors but then had to consider the fact that some people didn't suit the genre physically or couldn't play the instrument. They way we would deal with this would be make-up, affects,styling, planning in advance and also testing.

I  experimented with the potential lead singer and altered him to fit the video as well as experimented with miming.


Experimentation 1- Before and After
These images show how the power of editing and manipulation can alter the perception of a person and re-create them into an actor. These two images show a before and after shot of our potential lead singer in which the "after" image I took for a photography based project on an SLR and edited juxtaposed next to a "before" self taken morning shot un-edited on an iphone.
























Experimentation 2-  miming TAKE 1

I set a task to our potential lead singer, in which I gave him the lyrics of the first two verses of the song, then three minutes to watch the actual video. I then asked him to film himself miming istantly after. The outcome is shown below and it reveals the concept of acting is not as easy as it seems. There were many issues to work on from the first and instant video these being; controlling humour, forgetting lyrics, lack of emotion, camera quality and also region of gaze.

Miming TAKE 2

As I was so disatisfied with my first take, I then requested my main model to create a second take. The improvement from the first take to the second was incredible but I still felt there was not a connection between the lead singer and the song visually. In order to connect with audience it was important for me to take matters into my own hand. I therefore decided that in the third take I would visually create the appearance of the lead and also film it myself in order to engage attention to the camera. I would also express to the model the pros and cons of the exsisting videos so the third attempt would create the perfect outcome.



Miming TAKE 3

for my third and final rehersal with miming, I went about it a different way by not getting the model to mime but to actually sing and then overlay the video with the audio. I thought of this after reflecting on my experience shadowing a Director. I then made my model watch how Brandon flowers ( Lead Singer from the Killers) performed in action throughout his videos so the lead could get a feel for his mannerism, behaviour and movement.


No comments:

Post a Comment