Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Ylvis- The fox


In order to research and experiment video in more was than one, I decided to become more observant and engaged when watching Music Channels. On the 6/10/2013 FYI presented by Poppy Jamie presents the highlighted news in Music and Showbiz in which she mentioned a Norweigan Band named " ylvis" being a "Viral sensation" and receiving over 22 million youtube hits in a week on their single "Fox" . This instantly caught my attention into researching the success of this video.
After reflecting on the process of research and discovery of the video it arose to my attention in the progression of music production and how bands use viral platforms such as YouTube to spread their video as it is fast, free and virtual.

After watching the video thoroughly it became clear that there was an overtone of humour and lack of seriousness to the whole dynamic of the video. I perceived this as a successful risk. The unusual lyrics in correlation with the Abstract costumes and the dance movements made it apparent that these were all contributing factors to the videos success. I therefore decided to test an audience reaction for myself. The video below represents family members of different ages and interests instant reaction towards the video in which helped me further understand its success.

In order to maintain reliability of my audience response, I could only record the first initial reaction, therefore my auto focus on response 2 could not be re-filmed although its video quality was extremely poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment