In order to understand what our target audience expects from a music video, I asked 5 of them myself. The question proposed was; In a few words what is your main expectation from a Music video? The List below reveals the 5 different responses I recieved.
Gaining an insight into the Band/Artist
Evokes an emotion
Visual communication
Comedy Value
Memorable
These 5 factors, I completely agree with as they link closely to my personal expectations from a music video. To develop on this further I then challenged myself further by responding to some of the questionnaire answers with the videos that instantly came to mind. Gaining an insight into the Band/ Artist
When responding to this topic I instantly thought of celebrity scandal as I remember watching " Sorry Blame it on me" By Akon when he was caught in a scandal surrounding indecent sexual treatment to a minor on stage. As his genre of music has no link to my interest I watched his music video in order to gain more information about the topic that was so largely enforced in the media. As an Artist he used the video and lyrics to give himself a voice of deffence through music.
Evokes an emotion
When responding to emotion I thought of a video I saw recently in the current charts in which engaged my attention due to the continuous flux of emotion throughout the video. "Waiting all night" by Rudimental shows the process of lost strength to found strength supported by passion. For me the like ability of the song was completely encouraged after watching the video, it made me stop and reflect.
Visual communication When reading this response the first video that came to mind was " No kind words" by The Maccabees. This almost challengesvisual communication with lack of. But by challenging the expectation this became memorable to me.
Comedy Value
The crude nature of Blink 182 in "Whats my age again" in which the entire band run around America left me as well as the world in tears of laughter as the band connected the video and the lyrics as well as the audience. Although the video recieved negative criticism alongside the positive I feel it was a prime example of a successful music video.
In order to further our study jake created a podcast.
No comments:
Post a Comment