Thursday, 14 November 2013

Linking Existing Music Videos

 

In the process of researching how to create a successful music video, I came across the video of "One that got away" by Katy Perry.  Although this isn't under the category "Indie/Rock" it came across very suprising that the storyline had strong links with our rough draft of a storyline.

Links

  • Woman at the beginning in a current life lonely.
  • Old aged woman reflecting on her life when young.
  • Footage reminising the past.
  • Black hair and make-up.
  • Strong portrayal of "hope" throughout the video.
  • The main subject confronted with her exsistance and her youth.


After the successful mistake of finding the video above I was curious into finding other songs in which had similar elements to our storyline so I could see the take other film makers had on reminising on the past and identity vs reality. I found it suprising how such a variety of genres could have slight links with huge implications.


Lily Allen- LDN 

Links 
  • Negative portrayal of the world.
  • The idea of a collision of two worlds e.g fantasy vs reality and past vs present.
  • Dark dull lighting to represent a negative atmosphere 

 


Ed Sheeran- The A team
Links
  •  Extreme portrayal of isolation, loneliness and isolation.
  • Main character being manipulated and mistreated by men.
  • Strong element of hope.
  • use of drugs.
  • sympathy evoked from the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment