Monday, 4 November 2013

Potential Song Ideas

In order to progress in my research, me and Jake felt it was important to lay the foundations of the music video. This started with researching into song choice.

Lost In Colour-Searching for the Sun in the Dark
This song in particular stood out to me due to the power of the lyrics and also the potential for imagination when creating a video. Due to this band being a local creation and not as mainstream as my other choices, there was no original video to provide guidelines.

Blink 182- I miss you
Within my selection of choices I wanted to have a variety of emotions presented. "I miss you" expresses the concept of love lost and loneliness, this would be a challenging song to create a video for as it contains an overtone of seriousness between the lyrics and the song.


Angels and Airwaves- Breathe
The artist voice is of a unique style and the lyrics are able to compliment the indie/rock genre but also portray a serious element of love and emotions. The existing video itself supports my research into ink experimentation.


You me at six- Stay With Me
As a band You Me At Six have been a strong consideration for potential music videos. I feel all their songs convey emotion in the tone used and the rhythm and beat build up to a climax, which is important in order to construct a successful music video. This song in particular I felt would be the most interesting to re-create due to the storyline.



Artic Monkeys- Florescent Adolescence
Out of all of my potential song choices this song had a strong domination of the indie genre over the rock. It attracted my attention due to the modern style lyrics and also the undertone of humour presented.
White Lies- Death
This song had a strong ghoulish style due to the artist voice supported by the video. This presented originality to me in which I feel some of my existing experimentation would support this song.

The Strokes-Hard to Explain
I felt this song was a true indication of what a rock song should be. The husky voice and the quirky tone would be the perfect ingredients to constructing a successful music video.



The All American Rejects- Dirty Little Secret
"Dirty little secret" is a well known song in which the intelligence behind its video contributed into attracting attention to the song. I would love to challenge the existing video with my own creation.





No comments:

Post a Comment