Sunday, 10 November 2013

Woman in film

In order to progress the development in creating a successful music video, I personally felt a struggle in pre-planning the shots and editing for mine and jakes video. I went out to seek inspiration at the exhibition ; "woman in film" in which explores filming with a woman's perspective. This exhibition at the Icelandic national gallery provided me with an insight into the different effects and styles that could be created by editing and filming.

The short video below reveals the most exciting footage to me in which three settings are played alongside one another. The films were taken using a steadycam, with handheld shots and at some points even birds-eye and over the shoulder  shots. As a viewer this footage made me feel like I was intruding a private affair with a strong element of invasion.  This made my presence uncomfortable but enticed me to continue watching.






From this exhibition I have learned as a viewer the emotions in which film can brig and in my music video will research further into which shots work well in conveying the correct emotions to the audience. I will also consider using the same editing and shots used while he film to portray isolation as I feel it heavily links with mine and jakes song choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment